Certification by Reciprocity
Persons possessing out-of-state court interpreter certification may apply for state reciprocity with the Indiana Supreme Court Indiana Office of Court Services. The following conditions must be met.
- Reciprocity is available to out-of-state certified interpreters with Federal Certification or State Certification from National Center for State Courts Interpreter Consortium member states.
- Reciprocity will be considered and may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- The applicant must file a Request for Reciprocity.
- The out-of-state certification is current in the issuing state or federal program at the time of the Request for Reciprocity.
- The out-of-state certificate is not a temporary, alternative, or conditional certification.
- The applicant successfully passes a criminal history check with the Indiana State Police.
- The applicant takes a sworn oath to uphold the Indiana Court Interpreter Code of Ethics.