Signs and Symptoms in Attorneys
- Professional: client neglect, unreturned phone calls, late for depositions, cancelled appointments, numerous "sick" days.
- Legal: 1st DUI, open container, disorderly conduct.
- Ethical: late for hearings, "technical" trust violations (reconciliations, ledger cards), "last minute" filings, failure to diligently prosecute/defend.
- Professional: failure to come to the office and/or appear for hearings, intoxicated in court, unprofessional appearance/hygiene, inappropriate mood (depressed, angry, withdrawn), abandonment of practice.
- Legal: 2nd DUI, controlled substance charge, domestic violence.
- Ethical: Substantive trust violations (misappropriation), statute of limitations violations, dishonesty to tribunal.