Employee Referral Program
Know someone who would be a perfect fit for the Indiana Veterans’ Home team?
Employee referrals are the best way to build a great team!
Here is the full scoop on IVH's new Employee Referral Program, offered from July 1, 2017 through April 30, 2018.
- Any full-time IVH employee who refers a qualified applicant who is then hired and completes 90 days of employment will receive a $500 bonus.
The newly referred IVH employee will also receive a $500 bonus upon their successful completion of 90 days of employment.
There is no limit on the number of referrals per employee, so you can earn $500 for each referral who meets the necessary requirements!
Contact HR today and start earning cash for referring your friends!
Download the flyer to share with your co-workers and potential co-workers!
EMPLOYEE REFERRAL PROGRAM POLICY
The Indiana Veterans’ Home (IVH) recognizes the importance of recruiting highly qualified staff to promote the highest quality of care possible. Filling a vacant, hard-to-fill position is a high priority, and accordingly IVH wants to reward and recognize employees of the Indiana Veterans’ Home (IVH) who refer and promote the benefits of employment with IVH.
All full-time IVH employees, with the exception of anyone who exercises discretion involving the employment decision or is involved in any way in the selection process, may participate in the program pursuant to requirements of eligibility provided in this policy.
STATEMENT OF POLICY:
IVH will award a lump-sum bonus payment of $500 to the referring employee and the applicant hired as a result of the referral, subject to the following:
- The $500 referral bonus will be paid out as a one-time, lump-sum payment, which is not part of an employee’s base salary.
- The referral bonus may be paid after referred applicant is hired and has completed 90 days of employment.
- Referred candidates cannot be current employees in any capacity, including interns, intermittent, and agency.
- Past employees may be eligible if they haven’t been employed with the State for a minimum of 1 year.
- Referred candidates cannot include employees moving from other state agencies by transfer, promotion, or demotion.
- Employees are not limited to the number of referral bonuses during each active referral plan.
The referral period is from July 1, 2017 – April 30, 2018; applicants must accept a non-contingent offer within the referral period with a start date no later than May 16, 2018.
Job Class/Code (Working Title)
- Nursing Attendant 5 (CNA (Certified))
- Nursing Attendant 4 (QMA)
- LPN (LPN)
- LUM (LPN Unit Manager)
- Nurse 4 (Day Shift Nurse)
- NUM/Nurse Supv 6 (Nursing Unit Manager)
- Charge Nurse (Night Nurse)
- Charge Nurse Supervisor (Night Nurse Supervisor)
- ADON/Nurse Supv 5 (Assistant Director of Nursing)
- DON (Director of Nursing)
- The primary means of registering a referral is via the employment application.
- Applicants will also have the opportunity to complete and submit a form prior to employment with both the referring employee’s and applicant’s signature indicating that the referring employee has made the referral.
- The referring employee must be employed by IVH when any referral bonus paid.
- Any disputes arising from the application of this program will be the responsibility of IVH management to resolve. Referral bonuses are awarded at the discretion of management with the relevant Agency Head having final approval authority. The IVH Human Resources Director will monitor the use of the Referral Bonus Program and report quarterly on the use of the Referral Bonus Program.
- IVH management reserves the right to discontinue this program at any time.