Indiana Tobacco Prevention & Cessation
It Saves Lives - It Saves Money
The Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Commission's vision is to significantly improve the health of Hoosiers and to reduce the disease and economic burden that tobacco use places on Hoosiers of all ages.
The Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Commission exists to prevent and reduce the use of all tobacco products in Indiana and to protect citizens from exposure to tobacco smoke. The Board will coordinate and allocate resources from the Trust Fund to:
- Change the cultural perception and social acceptability of tobacco use in Indiana
- Prevent initiation of tobacco use by Indiana youth
- Assist tobacco users in cessation
- Assist in reduction and protection from secondhand smoke
- Support the enforcement of tobacco laws concerning the sale of tobacco to youth and use of tobacco by youth
- Eliminate minority health disparities related to tobacco use and emphasize prevention and reduction of tobacco use by minorities, pregnant women, children, youth and other at-risk populations.
The Commission will develop and maintain a process-based and outcomes-based evaluation of funded programs and will keep State government officials, policymakers, and the general public informed. The Commission will work with existing partnerships and may create new ones.