Title V Block Grant Needs Assessment
The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) in partnership with Diehl Consulting Group is in the midst of conducting its statewide needs assessment. This will allow us to better understand current statewide programming for maternal and child health including children and youth with special health care needs. It will also allow us to identify gaps, barriers, and opportunities for growth as we collectively aim to improve the health of Hoosiers.
WHAT are we doing?
- Every five years, the IN Title V Program at ISDH is required to complete a comprehensive statewide needs assessment to better understand the health status of women, adolescents, infants, children - including children with special health care needs - and their families in the State of Indiana.
- Since 1935, the Title V Federal-State partnership has promoted women and children’s health by providing grant funding to improve state and local systems to meet the needs of this population. Title V funding supports interventions that lead to improved pregnancy outcomes, positive youth development, and children's health and well-being.
- To learn more about the Title V Block Grant, visit the national Title V homepage.
WHY are we doing it?
- The results of this needs assessment will be used to identify statewide priorities and enable us to make targeted improvements in our outreach.
- We are committed to ensuring that all of Indiana’s women, adolescents, children, their families, and their communities are able to reach their fullest potential and continue to thrive.
What we have done so far?
- Conducted a partner survey with 347 responses;
- Condcuted 23 focus groups with a total of 132 participants;
- Conducted a statewide survey with over 5,000 responses!
Our promise to you!
- We are dedicated to sharing our findings that we discover with our partners, stakeholders, community, and the public.
- Stay tuned as we will be ready to share our findings in the Fall of 2020.
- If have any questions about the needs assessment goals or your engagement in the process, please email the Department of Health at ISDHMCH@isdh.in.gov.