How do I Renew My Certification?
CNA Renewal Requirements
- Aide must obtain at least 12 inservice hours each year of certification.
- Aide must work in nursing or nursing related activities for at least 8 hours during each 2 year renewal cycle. Private care hours are not accepted in Indiana.
Nurse Aide Registry Renewal Steps
- Individuals renew their aide certification and registration through the Online Licensing System.
- You must create your login credentials using the Register a Person option.
- Please follow the Online Login Instructions to create your User ID and Password.
- An individual’s initial certification is valid for a two (2) year period. It must be renewed to remain active on the Indiana Nurse Aide Registry. There is no fee to renew a CNA certification.
- If expired more than 8 months, this form must be completed in full and submitted to the Registry by your verifying employer. Completed forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 317-233-7442: Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Renewal Form
- If your certification is in Registry History status contact the Registry for additional information at email@example.com
- Check your status and get your certification/registration number at Search and Verify.
- Print a certification/registration card through the Online Licensing System.