Grants and Resources
Grant Opportunites within DNPA
Our grant funding cycles vary on the funding source for our programs. Please reach out to the corresponding representative for more informtion on each setting.
Workplaces, contact Kelsey Barrick, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Built Environment, contact Pete Fritz, email@example.com
- Youth/Adolescent Physical Activity, contact Emma Smythe, firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Grant Funding Announcement for the preparation of a community-wide bicycle and pedestrian master plan.
Applications are due by 4:00 p.m., Thursday, December 19, 2019.
The Indiana State Department of Health is providing funding for Indiana communities to prepare a community-wide bicycle and pedestrian master plan. Applications for the funding are due by 4:00 p.m., on Thursday, December 19, 2019. Plans are anticipated to start in the spring of 2020 and be substantially completed by December 31, 2020. A dollar for dollar local match is required from a municipality or eligible applicant. Funding will pay for consulting fees to prepare the plan. Other expenses will not be reimbursed as part of this funding. In-kind labor cannot be considered a match. The funding is available for planning only and cannot be spent on the preparation of construction documents, implementation activities, equipment or construction. Eligible applicants include cities, towns, counties or regional planning agencies (such as MPOs).
A detailed listing of grant application requirements can be found here.
Other opportunities that may arise include:
- Nutrition or Farm to School, contact Naima Gardner, email@example.com
- Early Care and Education/Schools, contact Penelope Friday, firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthy Meeting Guidelines:
- Indiana Active Living Guidebook
- Indiana Healthy Schools Toolkit
- Indiana Healthy Worksites Toolkit
- Indiana Safe Routes to School Guidebook
- Indiana Shared Use Toolkit
- IN Healthy Weight Initiative – Indiana Nutrition and Physical Activity Plan, resources, state-wide workgroups and data for Hoosiers
- Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
- Physical Activity Tools & Resources – tools and parent tips for increasing physical activity
- Choose My Plate – nutrition resources including SuperTracker, updated USDA Dietary Guidelines and tools for healthy eating and physical activity
- Fruits & Veggies More Matters – resources to increase fruit and vegetable consumption for better health
- Division of Nutrition and Physical Activity Fact Sheet
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System – data on adults regarding obesity, overweight, nutrition and physical activity, among other variables
- Indiana Behavioral Risk Factor Survey – Indiana-specific data results from the Indiana State Department of Health
- Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System – data on high school youth regarding obesity, overweight, nutrition and physical activity, among other variables
- Indiana Youth Risk Behavior Survey – Indiana-specific data results from the Indiana State Department of Health
- CDC Overweight & Obesity from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – the latest national data and publications
- Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion – supports programs, services and education activities that improve the health of all Americans
- County Health Rankings & Roadmaps – data and rankings at a county level
- Community Commons – mapping, data, tools and stories to improve communities