Grants and Resources
Grant Opportunites within DNPA
Our grant funding cycles vary on the funding source for our programs. Please reach out to the corresponding representative for more informtion on each setting.
Workplaces, contact Kelsey Barrick, email@example.com
- Built Environment, contact Pete Fritz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth/Adolescent Physical Activity, contact Emma Smythe, email@example.com
Indiana Lactation Spaces Grant
The purpose of the Indiana Lactation Spaces grant is to provide Early Childcare and Education (ECE) settings, exclusively for licensed centers and registered ministries, with funds to improve breastfeeding access to support employees and nursing mothers. The goal with this funding stream is to create or improve comfortable spaces through which breastfeeding can be made more attainable, desirable, and normalized.
Funding requests should demonstrate the ability to promote health in the workplace, and already have a desired location to create or enhance a lactation space. This grant will fund initiatives from March 1st, 2020 to September 30th, 2020. The application is due by 5:00 p.m., on Monday February 3rd, 2020. If you have any questions, please direct them to Penelope Friday at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A detailed listing of grant application requirements can be found here.
2020 Grant Funding Announcement for tactical urbanism demonstration projects.
The Indiana State Department of Health, Division of Nutrition and Physical Activity is providing funding to communities for the design and implementation of low-cost pop-up, tactical urbanism demonstration projects that support active living in Indiana.This funding will assist up to four grantees in the planning, preparation, and implementation of one or more tactical urbanism demonstration projects in their communities during the spring and summer of 2020. This round of funding is for projects starting after April 1, 2020 and must be substantially complete by September 30, 2020. Applications are due by 4:00 pm, Thursday, February 20, 2020.
A detailed explanation of the funding program and application requirements can be found here. The last page of the document includes examples of tactical urbanism demonstration projects and guidance along with links to demonstration projects in Indiana.
Other opportunities that may arise include:
- Nutrition or Farm to School, contact Naima Gardner, email@example.com
- Early Care and Education/Schools, contact Penelope Friday, firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthy Meeting Guidelines:
- Indiana Active Living Guidebook
- Indiana Healthy Schools Toolkit
- Indiana Healthy Worksites Toolkit
- Indiana Safe Routes to School Guidebook
- Indiana Shared Use Toolkit
- IN Healthy Weight Initiative – Indiana Nutrition and Physical Activity Plan, resources, state-wide workgroups and data for Hoosiers
- Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
- Physical Activity Tools & Resources – tools and parent tips for increasing physical activity
- Choose My Plate – nutrition resources including SuperTracker, updated USDA Dietary Guidelines and tools for healthy eating and physical activity
- Fruits & Veggies More Matters – resources to increase fruit and vegetable consumption for better health
- Division of Nutrition and Physical Activity Fact Sheet
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System – data on adults regarding obesity, overweight, nutrition and physical activity, among other variables
- Indiana Behavioral Risk Factor Survey – Indiana-specific data results from the Indiana State Department of Health
- Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System – data on high school youth regarding obesity, overweight, nutrition and physical activity, among other variables
- Indiana Youth Risk Behavior Survey – Indiana-specific data results from the Indiana State Department of Health
- CDC Overweight & Obesity from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – the latest national data and publications
- Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion – supports programs, services and education activities that improve the health of all Americans
- County Health Rankings & Roadmaps – data and rankings at a county level
- Community Commons – mapping, data, tools and stories to improve communities