Office of Public Health Performance Management
The Office of Public Health Performance Management (OPHPM) is responsible for leading the agency’s efforts in:
> Accreditation Readiness
> Continuous Quality Improvement
> Performance Management
> Professional Development
> Strategic Thinking and Planning
> Workforce Development
Meet our Team!
Eden Bezy, BS; MPH
Director of the Office of Public Health Performance Management
Eden Bezy is the director of the Office of Public Health Performance Management at the Indiana State Department of Health. In this role, she leads the agency’s efforts in improving the way in which public health services are delivered. Her team is responsible for leadership development, quality improvement efforts, measuring the performance of key indicators, strategic planning, and voluntary public health accreditation.
Eric Beers, BA
Workforce Development Coordinator
Eric Beers joined the agency in February of 2018 and is the Workforce Development Coordinator. He is responsible for managing the overall public health workforce development strategies of the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) including writing, implementing, and managing ISDH’s workforce development plan and managing ISDH’s e-learning platform. Eric is completing his Master's of Science in Positive Organizational Development and Change from the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University. He's passionate about understanding organizations as human systems, leadership development, and positive change.
Barb Killian, BA; JD
Regulatory Compliance and Policy Liason
Barb currently serves as the Regulatory Compliance and Policy Liaison within the Office of Public Health Performance Management. She has been practicing healthcare law since 1999, with a majority of her career spent representing hospitals and healthcare systems. Barb’s experience at the Indiana State Department of Health includes legislative, regulatory and policy matters which she actively used during her time on ISDH’s Special Counsel. She was actively involved in outbreak response matters, public health policy, education development, public speaking, legislative review and drafting, and supporting ISDH’s many program areas. Lastly, Barb serves on ISDH's Strategic Planning committee, Accreditation Committee, and is in the process of finalizing her Lean Practitioner certification to support ISDH’s process improvement initiatives.
Nicole Morley, BS; LDIF
Quality Improvement – Performance Management Coordinator
Nicole Morley is a member of the Office of Public Health Performance Management at the Indiana State Department of Health. She serves as the Quality Improvement – Performance Management Coordinator. She is tasked with improving the way we provide public health services through the integration of continuous process improvement, providing quality improvement trainings, and measuring the performance of agency metrics outlined within the Strategic Plan, State Health Assessment, and State Health Improvement Plan. Nicole is a certified Lean Daily Improvement Facilitator, Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma, and Microsoft 365 Champion.
Patricia Truelove, BS; LP
Patricia Truelove started with ISDH in April of 2015 leading the agency in their journey to accreditation with a team consisting of about 50 staff members who assist in different roles. In addition to accreditation, Patricia participates in a number of quality improvement and workforce development initiatives. Patricia serves on the agency’s Quality Improvement Team, State Health Assessment and Health Improvement Committee, and Leadership At All Levels Team. Patricia also earned her Lean Practitioner Certification in 2018 and helps facilitate Rapid Improvement Events in different program areas.
OPHPM 2019 Strategic Goals
1. Use a performance management system to monitor achievement of organizational objectives
2. Develop and implement QI processes integrated into organizational practice, programs, processes, and interventions
3. Build upon the workforce development infrastructure
4. Aligning the agency toward a shared vision
5. Communicate OPHPM's role and responsibilities
6. Ensure achievement of evidence base practices (Accreditation and assessment)
ISDH 2019 Strategic Priorities
Mission Statement: To promote, protect, and improve the health and safety of all Hoosiers.
Vision Statement: is a healthier and safer Indiana.
ISDH holds several core values consistent with its mission and vision:
- We are honest, trustworthy, and transparent. We will do the right things to achieve the best public health outcomes.
- We encourage innovation to continuously enhance our programs and services, engage our workforce, advance our mission, and keep pace with community needs, and to communicate and utilize scientific data and evidence-based practices to achieve optimal health.
- We will work every day to provide the best public health services to the citizens of Indiana through continuous quality improvement.
- We are committed to solving public health issues by focusing on what we can do, not what we can’t.