Information for Locating Radon Professionals
The Lead & Healthy Homes Division (LHHD) has the responsibility of licensing radon testers and mitigators in the State of Indiana, and providing the public of Indiana information about radon and its effects.
Guide to the Radon Testing / Mitigation Process:
For a list of the Indiana-licensed companies to test the level of radon in your home:
For a list of the Indiana-licensed companies to lower the radon levels in your home:
**All Indiana Radon Professional lists are current as of September 26, 2018. In order to ensure that a radon professional's license has not expired, please refer to the Indiana Professional Licensing Association's website for the most up to date information.
Uncertain if you need a Primary Tester, Secondary Tester, or Mitigator? See here for more information.
Indiana Radon Hotline: 1-800-272-9723
Test, Fix, Save a Life
The following information is available on this subject:
- Indiana Radon Rule - 401 IAC 5
- Definition of what is an Indiana-Licensed Radon Tester and/or Radon Mitigator Description of List
- Verify a license for an Indiana Radon Tester, Mitigator, or Radon Laboratory Tester
The following sites provide additional information about radon:
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Radon Page
- U.S. EPA Radon Publications
- National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) National Radon Proficiency Program
The following sites provide National Certification that is required prior to obtaining an Indiana Radon Professional license:
The following sites provide information about Indiana and radon prevention.
A coupon to purchase a radon test kit can be found here.
To receive a low-cost, radon short-term or long-term test kit, contact:American Lung Association
Indiana Radon Program Coordinator:
Contact: Phil Waters at 1-317-234-8604 or email@example.com