Trauma and Injury Prevention Division Staff
Katie Hokanson, Director, Trauma and Injury Prevention Division
- Katie graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering and a minor in Management. She worked at Frito-Lay as a front line supervisor for a year and a half prior to joining ISDH in 2012. She started in the Division of Trauma and Injury Prevention as the Trauma Registry Manager and served in that role for two and a half years before moving into her current role as division director.
Murray Lawry, Operations Manager / Deputy Director
- Murray graduated from Ball State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science and a Master's in Public Administration. He is also a certified EMT. Murray has been with the Indiana State Department of Health for a number of years. He transferred to the Trauma Program from the ISDH Hospital Preparedness Program, where he was responsible for the hospitals in Preparedness Planning Districts 1,2,3,4 and 6.
Camry Hess, Data Analyst
- Camry graduated from Goshen College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry and Environmental Science and from the Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health with a Master’s degree in Biostatistics. She worked at the Center for Health Policy at IUPUI prior to joining ISDH.
Ramzi Nimry, Statewide Trauma System Development and Training Manager
- Ramzi graduated from Indiana University (Indianapolis) with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies and a minor in Psychology. He spent three years with Family Social Services Administration, Division of Mental Health and Addiction and two years with Regenstrief Institute, within the IU Center for Aging Research prior to joining ISDH.
John O'Boyle, Records Coordinator (INVDRS & DOP)
- John graduated from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Public and Environmental Affairs and a minor in Criminal Justice. He worked at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives as a special agent for nearly 25 years prior to joining ISDH.
Ryan Cunningham, Records Consultant (INVDRS & DOP)
- Ryan was a student at the College for Creative Studies School of Art and Design focusing on Illustrative Painting and Sculpture projects emphasized on victims of violent acts and crimes. His study of both the physiology of injury and psychological impact led to the creation of pieces endeavored to inform the public and provide solace to victims. He is a commissioned artist painting and sculpting both private and commercial works. Ryan was a team leader at Chrysler Fiat, prior to joining ISDH.
James Carroll, DOP Community Outreach Coordinator
- James graduated from Crossroads Bible College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Leadership. He spent four years as a Case Manager with the Family and Social Services Administration within the Division of Family Resources. He also has over 15 years of experience working with youth and adults with developmental disabilities, prior to joining ISDH.
Paravdeep (Pravy) Nijjar, Injury Prevention Program Coordinator
- Pravy graduated from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Community Health with a minor Psychology and a Master's degree in Public Health with a concentration in Administration. She worked with the Diversity and Inclusion Office at Indiana University prior to joining ISDH.
Patricia Dotson, Records Consultant (INVDRS & DOP)
- Patricia completed Medical Assistant training at Med-Tech College. She has several years of experience in the health care field. She worked as a Data Integrity Specialist at Community Health Network prior to joining ISDH.
Anita McCormick-Peyton, Records Consultant (INVDRS & DOP)
- Anita graduated from Med-Tech College with her degree in Medial Billing and Coding. She has several years of medical billing and office management experience. She worked as a Patient Care Advocate and Pharmacy Biller for Express Scripts prior to joining ISDH.
Meghan Davis, Records Consultant (INVDRS & DOP)
- Meghan graduated from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Bioanthropology and a minor in Biology. She trained as a combat medic with the National Guard and is a certified paramedic. Meghan worked in Emergency Medical Services and with the Marion County Coroner's office prior to joining ISDH.
Klaudia Wojciechowska, Drug Overdose Prevention (DOP) Manager
- Klaudia graduated from Middlebury College (located in the Green Mountains of Vermont) with a degree in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, and minors in Public Health and African Studies. She came to ISDH in 2017 as part of a two-year CDC Public Health Associate Program. After the conclusion of the program she moved into her current role as the Drug Overdose Prevention Manager, overseeing the DOP Team.
Audrey Wakefield, Resources and Records Consultant
- Audrey graduated from Purdue University with her Bachelor of Science in Public Health and a minor in Human Development and Family Studies. She continued at Purdue in an accelerated program to obtain her Master's of Public Health with a concentration in Family and Community Health. Prior to joining ISDH, Audrey worked with Purdue Extension Marion County in the Health and Human Sciences division and at the Military Family Research Institute.
Carrie Bennett, DOP Community Outreach Coordinator
- Carrie graduated with her Bachelor of Science in Public Health from the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health at IUPUI. Before joining ISDH in 2018, Carrie was a manager at the Vitamin Shoppe, and had previous experience in research for the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health and the office of Research in Medical Education at the IU School of Medicine.
Morgan Sprecher, INVDRS Epidemiologist
- Morgan graduated from Purdue University with her Bachelor of Science in Biology focusing on Health and Disease. She continued her education at the IU Fairbanks School of Public Health earning her Master's in Public Health in Epidemiology. Prior to working at ISDH, Morgan was an intern at ISDH in Environmental Epidemiology during her undergraduate career and served as a Research Epidemiologist Intern at Eskenazi Health.
Madeline Tatum, DOP Community Outreach Coordinator
- Madeline graduated from Miami University with her Bachelor of Science in Speech Pathology & Audiology and a minor in Political Science. While at Miami, Madeline focused on the intersection between healthcare and government, leading her to work as a research assistant in the Scottish Parliament for several months. Prior to joining ISDH in 2018, Madeline worked at Children’s Museum of Indianapolis as a research assistant. She originally started as a records consultant, but transitioned into the role of PDO Community Outreach Coordinator in November.
Cassidy Johnson, Naloxone Program Manager
- Cassidy graduated from Indiana University with her Bachelor of Science in Community Health. She had minors in Psychology and Human Development and Family Studies. She is continuing her education at IUPUI to receive her Master's in Public Health with a concentration in Health Policy and Management. She was an intern within the Division of Trauma and Injury Prevention focused on the Division's PDO efforts prior to joining ISDH full-time.
Trinh Dinh, Registry Coordinator
- Trinh graduated with her Bachelor of Science in Biology and Chemistry and a Master's degree in Public Health with a concentration in Health Disparity from the University of Indianapolis (UIndy). Trinh worked at UIndy's Junior Mindset Program focused on improving STEM curriculum and enhance the quality of STEM applied in the elementary school classroom. She was an intern within the Division of Trauma and Injury Prevention focused on the Division's toxicology program prior to joining ISDH full-time.
Andzelika Rzucidlo, Injury Prevention Epidemiologist
- Andzelika graduated with her Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry from Purdue University. She is currently enrolled at the IU Fairbanks School of Public Health obtaining her Master's of Public Health with a concentration in Epidemiology with a graduation set for 2020. She has previous experience working in a forensic toxicology lab and also focused on the toxicology surveillance program as an intern with ISDH prior to joining full-time.
Veronica Daye, Records Consultant (INVDRS & DOP)
- Veronica graduated from Ball State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry and Pre-Medicine and a minor in Biology. She is continuing her education at IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health to obtain her Master's of Public Health with a concentration in Epidemiology, seeking to add on Social & Behavioral Sciences as a Dual. Veronica was an Extractions Lab Technician in a forensic toxicology lab prior to joining ISDH.
Page last updated 10/07/2019