Trauma and Injury Prevention Division Staff
Katie Hokanson, Director, Trauma and Injury Prevention Division
- Katie graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering and a minor in Management. She worked at Frito-Lay as a front line supervisor for a year and a half prior to joining ISDH in 2012. She started in the Division of Trauma and Injury Prevention as the Trauma Registry Manager and served in that role for two and a half years before moving into her current role as division director.
Murray Lawry, Operations Manager / Deputy Director
- Murray graduated from Ball State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science and a Master's in Public Administration. He is also a certified EMT. Murray has been with the Indiana State Department of Health for a number of years. He transferred to the Trauma Program from the ISDH Hospital Preparedness Program, where he was responsible for the hospitals in Preparedness Planning Districts 1,2,3,4 and 6.
Ramzi Nimry, Trauma and Injury Prevention Program Director
- Ramzi graduated from Indiana University (Indianapolis) with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies and a minor in Psychology. Prior to joining ISDH he spent three years with the Division of Mental Health and Addiction at the Family Social Services Administration, and two years with Regenstrief Institute within the IU Center for Aging Research.
John O'Boyle, Records Coordinator (INVDRS & DOP)
- John graduated from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Public and Environmental Affairs and a minor in Criminal Justice. He worked at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives as a special agent for nearly 25 years prior to joining ISDH.
Ryan Cunningham, Records Consultant (INVDRS & DOP)
- Ryan was a student at the College for Creative Studies School of Art and Design focusing on Illustrative Painting and Sculpture projects emphasized on victims of violent acts and crimes. His study of both the physiology of injury and psychological impact led to the creation of pieces endeavored to inform the public and provide solace to victims. He is a commissioned artist painting and sculpting both private and commercial works. Ryan was a team leader at Chrysler Fiat, prior to joining ISDH.
James Carroll, Drug Overdose Prevention (DOP) Community Outreach Coordinator
- James graduated from Crossroads Bible College with a Bachelor of Science degree in Leadership. He spent four years as a Case Manager with the Family and Social Services Administration within the Division of Family Resources. He also has over 15 years of experience working with youth and adults with developmental disabilities, prior to joining ISDH.
Paravdeep (Pravy) Nijjar, Injury Prevention Program Coordinator
- Pravy graduated from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Community Health with a minor Psychology and a Master's degree in Public Health with a concentration in Administration. She worked with the Diversity and Inclusion Office at Indiana University prior to joining ISDH.
Patricia Dotson, Records Consultant (INVDRS & DOP)
- Patricia completed Medical Assistant training at Med-Tech College. She has several years of experience in the health care field. She worked as a Data Integrity Specialist at Community Health Network prior to joining ISDH.
Anita McCormick-Peyton, Records Consultant (INVDRS & DOP)
- Anita graduated from Med-Tech College with her degree in Medial Billing and Coding. She has several years of medical billing and office management experience. She worked as a Patient Care Advocate and Pharmacy Biller for Express Scripts prior to joining ISDH.
Meghan Davis, Records Consultant (INVDRS & DOP)
- Meghan graduated from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Bioanthropology and a minor in Biology. She trained as a combat medic with the National Guard and is a certified paramedic. Meghan worked in Emergency Medical Services and with the Marion County Coroner's office prior to joining ISDH.
Klaudia Wojciechowska, DOP Program Director
- Klaudia graduated from Middlebury College (located in the Green Mountains of Vermont) with a degree in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, and minors in Public Health and African Studies. She came to ISDH in 2017 as part of a two-year Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Public Health Associate Program. After the conclusion of the program she moved into her current role as the Drug Overdose Prevention Program Director, overseeing the DOP Team.
Carrie Bennett, Lead DOP Community Outreach Coordinator
- Carrie graduated with her Bachelor of Science in Public Health from the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health at IUPUI. Before joining ISDH in 2018, Carrie was a manager at the Vitamin Shoppe, and had previous experience in research for the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health and the office of Research in Medical Education at the IU School of Medicine.
Morgan Sprecher, INVDRS Epidemiologist
- Morgan graduated from Purdue University with her Bachelor of Science in Biology focusing on Health and Disease. She continued her education at the IU Fairbanks School of Public Health earning her Master's in Public Health in Epidemiology. Prior to working at ISDH, Morgan was an intern at ISDH in Environmental Epidemiology during her undergraduate career and served as a Research Epidemiologist Intern at Eskenazi Health.
Cassidy McNamee, Naloxone Program Manager
- Cassidy graduated from Indiana University with her Bachelor of Science in Community Health and minors in Psychology and Human Development and Family Studies. In 2020 she received her Master's in Public Health with a concentration in Health Policy and Management from IUPUI. She was an intern within the division, focusing on DOP efforts, prior to joining ISDH full-time.
Trinh Dinh, Trauma Data Analyst
- Trinh graduated with her Bachelor of Science in Biology and Chemistry and a Master's degree in Public Health with a concentration in Health Disparity from the University of Indianapolis (UIndy). Trinh worked at UIndy's Junior Mindset Program focused on improving STEM curriculum and enhance the quality of STEM applied in the elementary school classroom. She was an intern within the division, focusing on the toxicology program prior to joining ISDH full-time.
Veronica Daye, Injury Prevention Epidemiologist
Keifer Taylor, Records Consultant (INVDRS & DOP)