Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) in Schools
Click here to watch trainings on how to improve the indoor air quality in schools. These trainings will help to create a safe and healthy environment for students, especially those living with asthma. These trainings were completed with the help of the Indiana State Department of Health, Marion County Public Health Department, and the Indiana Department of Education.
Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma
Contains comprehensive guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma. The guidelines emphasize the importance of asthma control and introduce new approaches for monitoring asthma.
Continuing Education and Training
- Lung Force Expo
The LUNG FORCE Expo is a program designed for patients, caregivers and healthcare providers to learn more about the latest trends, resources and research surrounding lung cancer, COPD, and other chronic lung diseases.
Speakers from a variety of fields will present current medical information on topics that have the most impact on those whose lives are touched by these conditions, as well as provide up-to-date medical information for healthcare professionals to help support patients.
By participating in the LUNG FORCE Expo you are helping change what it means to live with lung disease.
September 14, 2018
Please register here: Information on 2019 EXPO coming soon!
- Asthma Educator Institute
The Asthma Educator Institute™ (AEI) is a two-day preparatory course for individuals that want to implement asthma guidelines-based care and those qualified to take the National Asthma Educator Certification Board (NAECB) examination. The AEI was developed with experts in the field with asthma and it reflects the National Institute of Health, Expert Panel Report 3: Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma.
Learn more about the Asthma Educator Institute and sign up here
ONLINE Resource for Healthcare Providers
- Printable Asthma Medication Poster Developed by the Minnesota Department of Health, these posters were designed as a tool for providers, to assist patients in proper identification of their inhaled asthma medication. Posters contain the a photo, generic and brand name, delivery of dose, and manufactures' name for all inhaled medication commonly prescribed in the US.
A set of simple tools developed by the Michigan Department of Community Health to assist healthcare providers in making treatment decisions for their asthma patients.
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI) has created an online continuing education program to assist primary care providers with implementation of asthma guidelines.
The Center of Disease Control and Prevention has added a video where Dr. David Callahan outlines how clinicians can provide evidence-based care for patients with asthma in a 15-minute office visit. To find video click link and scroll all the way down to videos where you will find the 15-Minute Asthma Visit video.
The CDC is partnering with health care purchasers, payers, and providers to improve health and control health care costs. CDC provides these partners with rigorous evidence about high-burden health conditions and associated interventions to inform their decisions to have the greatest health and cost impact. This initiative aligns evidence-based preventive practices with emerging value-based payment and delivery models.
- ERO-3 Tutorial
- Asthma IQ- Specialist Practice Improvement Module
- Asthma IQ- Primary Care Practice Improvement Module
Resources for Providers
- Neighborhood Health Plan: Helping Patients with Asthma Breathe Easier
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Asthma Information for Healthcare Professionals
- Environmental Protection Agency: For Healthcare Professionals
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- National Asthma Control Initiative: Healthcare Professionals
- Supporting successful asthma management in schools: The role of asthma care providers
- The American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology
- American Academy of Family Physicians: Asthma
- American Association for Respiratory Care
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- American Lung Association
- The Global Initiative for Asthma
- Asthma Alliance of Indianapolis: Information for Healthcare Professionals
- Indiana Joint Asthma Coalition
- Center for Healthcare Strategies, Inc (CHCS)