The following CRP conservation practices are approved for the Indiana CREP:
- CP2 Permanent Native Grasses
- CP3A Hardwood Tree Planting
- CP4D Permanent Wildlife Habitat, Non-easement
- CP21 Filter Strips
- CP22 Riparian Buffer
- CP31 Bottomland Timber Establishment
- CP23 Wetland Restoration
- CP23A Wetland Restoration, Non-floodplain
Practices CP2, CP3A, CP4D, CP22 and CP21 must be installed on former cropland adjacent to an eligible stream, river or water body and meet additional requirements.
CP2 – minimum average width of 50 feet and a maximum width of 120 feet (up to 300 feet in alluvial soils)
CP21 – minimum average width of 35 feet and a maximum width of 120 feet (up to 300 feet in alluvial soils)
CP3A, C4D and CP22 – minimum average width of 35 feet and a maximum width of 180 feet (up to 300 feet in alluvial soils)
CP23, CP23A and CP31 are not required to be adjacent to a stream, river or waterbody; however, CP 23 and CP31 are required to be located in the 100-yr floodplain.
- Signing Incentive Payment: A one-time payment at $100/acre for CP21, CP22. CP23, CP23A and CP31.
- Practice Incentive Payment: A one-time payment equal to 40 percent of the eligible installation cost for CP21, CP22, CP23, CP23A and CP31.
- Cost-share Assistance: Based on a current FSA cost-share plan (flat rate or percent cost) as determined by FSA for eligible reimbursement practice establishment costs.
- Annual Rental Payment: An annual payment for the life of the contract. The payment consists of the sum of three components:
- Base Soil Rental Rate: Determined by calculating the normal CRP weighted average soil rental rate for the three predominant soil types using the current posted applicable local soil rental rates for cropland
- A maintenance fee equals to the terms of FSA national CRP directives, if applicable.
- Incentive Payment of 40 percent of the base rental rate without regard to other incentive payments for all practices offered and eligible for CREP.
A one-time Clean Water Indiana Incentive payment of $100/acre for CP-2, CP-4D, and CP-21.
A one-time Clean Water Indiana Incentive payment of $400/acre for CP-3A, CP-22, and CP-31.
A one-time Clean Water Indiana Incentive payment of $950/acre for newly enrolled CP-23 and CP-23A.
A one-time Clean Water Indiana Incentive payment of $400/acre for re-enrolled CP-23 and CP-23A.