Upcoming MFA Change NotificationIndiana Office of Technology sent this bulletin at 04/20/2021 07:00 AM EDT
Recently, Microsoft informed the Office of Technology that it is eliminating the ability to use a text message to confirm multi-factor authentication (MFA) logins. This means that you must either use an authenticator mobile app or accept a phone call to verify when you are logging in to systems that require MFA, such as VPN or Citrix.
You are receiving this because you are a customer that uses SMS to authenticate your login. You will need to select a new method, either an authenticator app or a phone call, to verify your future logins before 6/4/2021.
Steps to change your MFA factor:
- Go to https://pfp.iot.in.gov/
- Login with your email address, example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select 'Change Method'
Choose one of:
Mobile App (full instructions https://www.in.gov/iot/files/Instructions-for-Enrolling-the-PhoneFactor-Smartphone-App.pdf)
- Download and install Microsoft Authenticator on your mobile device
- Choose 'Activate Mobile App' from the left menu
- Select 'Generate Activation Code'
Phone Call (full instructions https://www.in.gov/iot/files/phone-call-method.pdf)
- Verify the phone number is correct by selecting 'Change Phone' on the left menu.
Users must select a new method prior to 6/4/2021 or you will automatically be converted to a phone call option.