Keeping Your Information Current

How do I inform PERF of a change to my name or address?

For security of your personal information, PERF does not change demographic information over the phone, or by e-mail.

There are several ways you can authorize updates to your personal information.

  • Go to and click Member Login. You will be given instructions on how to register for and use this service. You can use any computer, and allowed changes will be made directly to your information at PERF,
  • You can request a paper version of the change form from PERF or your employer using the information below, or
  • Click here to download and print the PERF Change of Name form (State Form 946) or Change of Address form (State Form 54302). Mail the completed forms to PERF at the address below.

It is extremely important to keep your name, address and beneficiary designation current with PERF. The fund mails quarterly statements with the balance of your Annuity Savings Account (ASA) and the performance of your investment choices. We also mail a newsletter to keep you informed of any plan changes. These will not reach you if we do not have your current address.

Any written notification about changes should include the following information:

  • Social Security number,
  • previous name and/or address,
  • new name and/or address,
  • printed name and signature

The change of name request must be accompanied by the appropriate legal documentation, such as a court order, divorce decree, or marriage license if applicable.

PERF mailing address

Public Employees’ Retirement Fund
One North Capitol, Suite 001
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Any time you write to PERF regarding your account, please furnish your full name, current address, and Social Security number.


Office hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on state holidays.

  • Toll-free number:  (888) 526-1687
  • TDD (hearing impaired) (317) 233-4160
  • Fax number:  (317) 234-5922 (local); (866) 591-9441 (toll-free)