2017 Legislative Summary

Legislative changes have been approved by the 2017 Indiana General Assembly. Click here for a brief summary of changes affecting INPRS.

Extra money for Excise Plan retirees

Eligible Excise, Gaming and Conservation Plan members will receive a 13th check by Oct. 1, 2017. A member must be retired or disabled on or before Dec. 1, 2016. He or she must be eligible for a monthly benefit on July 1, 2017. A survivor or beneficiary of the member may be eligible for the check. The amount of the check will be based on the member’s years of creditable service at retirement.

Excise, Gaming and Conservation Plan retirees will receive the following:

  • At least five years, but less than 10 years (disability): $150
  • At least 10 years, but less than 20 years: $275
  • At least 20 years, but less than 30 years: $375
  • At least 30 years: $450

A survivor or beneficiary of the member may be eligible for the check.

COLA approved for retired 1977 Fund members

Retired 1977 Fund members will receive a cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) this year. This includes retired, disabled and surviving beneficiaries of members of the fund. It becomes effective July 1, 2017. How much? 2.5 percent. How is it determined? The COLA for the 1977 Fund is linked to the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The INPRS Board of Trustees decides if there has been an increase in the CPI. If there has been an increase, your monthly benefit increases.

Updating your account information

When you’re preparing to make a big change in your life, remember to inform us. It’s vital that you keep us up-to-date about changes to your name, phone number, email address, mailing address or beneficiaries.

You can change your address or beneficiary using your online account. Or, if you prefer to make your changes in writing, go here to print the form, complete it and return to us.

To change your name, you must complete the Member Data Change form. You can only submit requests for change of name in writing. Legal documentation such as a court order, divorce decree, or marriage license is required when you submit your change.