For tax filing purposes

It's almost the end of the year again. That means you'll be receiving your Form 1099-R in the mail within the next few months. This form shows how much was paid to you in 2016 by INPRS and from what source. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) guidelines require us to mail this form by Jan. 31, 2017. We'll mail your 1099-R to the address we have on file for you.

If you received more than one type of distribution in the past year, we're required by federal law to send a separate 1099-R for each source.

You should use your Form 1099-R when completing your tax returns. More information on 1099-Rs is available here. If you're a 1977 Fund member who is receiving disability benefits, go here for more information. You may wish to contact your tax advisor regarding questions related to completing your tax return.

Is your address up-to-date?

If you've moved, you'll need to update your address with INPRS. You can view and update your address information from the Personal Information tab when you log in to your secure online account.

To log in to your online account:

  • Go here
  • Enter your most recently updated User ID and passcode
  • If you have never accessed your online account, use your Social Security number (SSN) for the User ID and the passcode that was previously mailed to you.

If you have questions, contact our customer service center at (888) 286-3544.