The office evaluates portable traffic signals and Automated Flagger Assistance Devices (AFADs) based on established Indiana Test Methods.
- AFAD Indiana Test Method
- AFAD Qualified Products List
- Portable Traffic Signal ITM
- Portable Traffic Signal Qualified Products List
- Plastic Delineator Posts
- Snowplowable Raised Pavement Markers
- Temporary Pavement Marking Tape, Type 1
- Temporary Raised Pavement Markers
INDOT has changed its specifications to require solid state ballasted (LED) luminaires. Solid State LED luminaires will be used on any INDOT construction project and the agency has started the process of converting the entire inventory to LED.
In 2021 INDOT adopted a test method for evaluating temporary access paths, temporary curb ramps, pedestrian channelizers, and audible information devices. These devices are used when sidewalls are closed for construction or when pedestrians need to be rerouted otherwise.