INDOT Mission, Goals, Vision and Values
Collaboratively plan, build, and maintain safe and innovative transportation infrastructure that enhances quality of life, drives economic growth, and accommodates new modes of transport.
Agency Goals – Taking INDOT to the Next Level
Excellence in Core Service Delivery
- Deliver on 20-Year Plan Commitments
- Prioritize taking care of what we have.
- Finish major projects.
- Maximize federal and state funding opportunities.
- Build and maintain a safe transportation network for all users and workers.
- Commit to Process Adherence Excellence
- Follow processes and procedures.
- Deliver core services effectively and efficiently.
- Build on our commitment to great government service.
Plan for the Future
- Enhance Sustainability, Resiliency, Access and Innovation in Our Transportation Network
- Develop comprehensive plans for each of these areas.
- Integrate these concepts into planning and decision making.
- Support Economic Development, Quality of Life, and Talent Attraction and Retention
- Leverage transportation to strengthen communities, develop Indiana’s economy, and grow the state’s workforce.
Enhance Internal Services
- Embrace Collaboration and Intra-agency Partnership
- Continue breaking down silos.
- Work together to achieve success.
- Optimize Internal Customer Service
- Take care of team members in order to serve our customers.
- Ensure team members have the support, tools and resources to get the job done.
- Advance Our 21st Century Workforce
- Continue to prioritize training, communication and programming to develop, attract and retain talented team members.
- Build and Strengthen Relationships
- Cultivate and maintain great relationships with external partners to drive success.
- Emphasize Strategic Communication, Collaboration and Outreach
- Practice meaningful, two-way communication.
- Collaborate with purpose for the benefit of partners and INDOT.
Be a leading innovator in transportation, with an exceptional workforce, that is driven by connecting Hoosiers with the world.
INDOT Core Values
Value the individual skills, experience, diversity and contributions of fellow employees.
Empower our people to share information and seek input from partners to achieve goals.
Take responsibility for actions and decisions to encourage a culture of ownership and pride.
Focus on new, practical ideas and technology to continuously serve our customers better and more efficiently.
Trust is the main focus around which the Core Values are centered. Without trust, we as an organization cannot function properly to achieve our organizational goals.
INDOT employees give their time to build a better community by volunteering with many charities and organizations. For more information please visit our INDOT Cares webpage.
5 Pillars: Next Level Indiana
Gov. Eric Holcomb is elevating Indiana to the next level by focusing on five key pillars of state improvement. For more information visit the 5 Pillars webpage.