A $7,952,260 pavement replacement project that rebuilt State Road 46 at Spencer was completed in December of 2018.
This S.R. 46 project replaced existing pavement and addressed drainage concerns between Fairview Avenue on the east side and the S.R. 46-U.S. Highway 231/S.R. 67 split on the west side.
The project included
- New full-depth pavement replacement
- Storm sewers, sanitary sewers & water lines
- Sidewalks, curbs and ADA-compliant ramps
- Traffic signals at U.S. 231, Main Street and the S.R. 46-US 231/S.R. 67 split
- Coordination with town’s ornamental street lighting project
After initial water line and sewer excavation, west-bound traffic shifted in mid-June, 2017,to one-way single-lane travel on S.R. 46 opposite ongoing construction operations. Eastbound traffic switched to one-way single-lane travel on Franklin Street.