Utility Coordination Certification
Utility coordination on INDOT contracts is required to be performed by a certified utility coordinator. INDOT will be offering the INDOT Utility Coordination Certification Test on June 8th, 2018 in the Indiana Government Center South Building Conference Room 22, at 9:00am. You will have 3.5 hours to take the test.
This year we will not be providing a class prior to the test, however, study material is provided below. This page will be updated with additional study material by May 8th. The test will also be open notes (each test taker will be responsible for bringing laptops/printouts to the test site and we cannot guarantee Wi-Fi). INDOT is currently reviewing the class and test content and our goal is to offer an online class in the future.
This test will be made available to the first 50 individuals who meet the following criteria.
- Have a B.S. in Engineering with two years of experience in highway or utility industries or,
- Have four years of experience in highway or utility industries with at least one year in utility coordination.
There will be a sign in sheet on test day that will also ask you to verify that above criteria, has been met. To be provided a Utility Certification, you must score at least a 75% on the certification test. INDOT will send a letter shortly after the test notifying you of the results.
Please contact Autumn Castro, (ACastro@indot.IN.gov), for registration and/or questions. This is first come-first serve for the first 50 confirmations received. Please register soon! There will be no fee requirement for this event and any additional training material that is developed prior to the exam date will be posted on the INDOT Utility Coordination website at no later than May 8, 2018.
Utility Coordination Certification Reference Material
- Utility Accommodation Policy (Revised 6/12/14)
- Indiana Design Manual: Ch. 104 Utility Coordination
- 105 IAC 13
- Supplemental Study Material
- Utility Coordination Overview
- Chapter 104 Highlights
- 105 IAC 13 Utility Accomodation Policy and 10 State Standards
- Research Phase
- Drawing of Sufficient Detail for Conflict Analysis
- The Essence of the Utility Coordination, Designing Around Utilities and Documentation
- Work Plan Overview
- Understanding Right of Way
- Reimbursements, Agreements, Estimates
- Utility Coordination Certification and Special Provisions
- Coordinating with Project Managers Assessing and Communicating Risk
- What I Wish The Utility Coordinators Knew About Construction
- Construction Review-Special Provision
- LPA and Utility Coordination
Michael B. Jett
Utilities and Railroad Director
Indiana Department of Transportation
100 N. Senate Ave. IGCN 642
Indianapolis, IN 46204