Program Management Group Purpose
- Integrating transportation asset management into the organizational culture and influencing change
- Establishing performance management standards and recommended metrics goals for future investment levels.
- Approval of business rules and integration of asset management
- Five-year Construction Plan Review and Reporting
- Reporting System Performance based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Trade-Off/Cross Asset Analysis
- Developing asset management reports: KPI (moving the needle)
- Contingency offset plans
- Change management reviews and project re-prioritization
- Researching and benchmarking best practices
- Oversee the development of the Transportation Asset Management Plan
- Performing agency level asset management assessments and gap analysis
- Explaining the need special project requests and performing technical analysis to front office for decision making
- Answer questions as to what can we do with various funding scenarios and impacts to KPIs
- Ensuring the funding programs relative to capital expenditure and preservation are balanced.
PMG Membership Types
- Full Members (Voting): Voting members include representatives of Executive Office, District Technical Services, Capital Funds, Planning, Bridge, Roadway, and Traffic Engineering). These members meet every two weeks and are expected to participate in up to 20 meetings annually.
- Support Members (Non-Voting): The support members have very diverse backgrounds and responsibilities such as: Public involvement, communications, innovation, route transfers, maintenance and operations, environmental, project management, economic development, research, intelligent transportation systems (ITS), construction management, utilities, rail road, information technology, multimodal, local programs, and real estate.
- Supporting members may also include stakeholder partners such as: Conexus Indiana, FHWA, metropolitan and regional planning organizations group is varies with as needed expertise; legislative affairs. The PMG will host up to three major meeting per year where all members will be invited to attend. Select Support Members can also be asked to attend routine PMG meetings as needed.