INDOT’s Contract Compliance Program is responsible for and committed to ensuring that contractors are in compliance with a number of federal and state rules and regulations as well as certain contract specifications. Some of the major programs and initiatives we support include:
- FHWA 1391 Report
- Submission of the FHWA 1391 Report is required from each prime contractor, subcontractor, and haulers (not including material suppliers) holding a federal-aid highway construction contract in excess of $10,000.00.
- This year’s reporting period will cover work between July 19 – July 25, 2020.
- If no work is performed during the reporting period a FHWA 1391 Report still must be submitted with “No Activity” selected.
- DBE Utilization Goals
- Sets DBE goals on federal-aid contracts, assesses good faith efforts, and monitors changes in DBE utilization.
- Approved Three-Year DBE Goal Methodology (FY 2020-2022)
- DBE Goal Attainment
- Evaluates and tracks actual DBE participation upon contract completion.
- Workforce Diversity
- Ensures contractors and subcontractors working on INDOT projects comply with nondiscrimination and affirmative action requirements relating to the recruitment, training and promotion of their workforce.
- On-the-Job Training (“OJT”)
- Ensures contractors provide training and improve the skills of minorities, women, and disadvantaged persons (as defined by federal poverty guidelines) so they have access and opportunity to skilled trade jobs and journey-level positions in highway construction classifications.
- OJT Supportive Services
- Provides skills training to women, minorities, and disadvantaged persons through a strategic partnership with Vincennes University that consists of Commercial Driver’s License (“CDL”) Training and Job Placement Program.
- Change in DBE Utilization
- DBE Goal Attainment (DBE 3)
- Prompt Payment
- Labor Compliance (Davis-Bacon and Related Acts)
- Ensures contractors pay their employees prevailing wage and fringe benefit rates for specified classifications of work.
- Introduction to INDOT's EOD Division (May 2020)
- DBE Hauling Presentation (February 2018)
- Contractor Compliance Outreach
- For short trainings regarding finding INDOT RFPs and potential contracting opportunities, see our Supportive Services page
Contract Compliance Manager
Senior Contract Compliance Specialist & OJT Lead
Contract Compliance Specialist