INDOT's Economic Opportunity Division (EOD) works to ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of U.S. Department of Transportation-assisted contracts in highway, transit and airport financial assistance programs and to create a level playing field on which certified minority and women-owned businesses can fairly compete for USDOT-assisted contracts.
EOD is responsible for:
- Certification of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises, or DBEs, as defined in 49 CFR 26
- Certification of Airport Concessionaire Disadvantaged Business Enterprises, or ACDBEs as defined in 49 CFR 23
- Setting a three year overall goal for the DBE program and calculating individual DBE goals on federally funded highway consulting or construction contracts
- Ensuring contractor compliance with applicable state and federal laws including Equal Employment Opportunity and the Davis Bacon Act
- Increasing the number of journey-level minorities and women in Indiana’s construction industry through the On the Job Training Program
- Providing supportive services through both our DBE Supportive Services and On the Job Training Supportive Service Programs
Disadvantage Business Goal for FFY 2019-2021
In accordance with the regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), 49 CFR Part 26, INDOT hereby announces its proposed review of the Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2019 through 2021 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal on federal-aid highway construction projects.
- FFY 2019-2021 DBE Goal Public Meeting Notice
- DBE Goal Public Meeting Presentation
- DRAFT DBE Program Proposed Three-Year Overall Goal & Methodology FY2020-FY2022
The Indiana-Kentucky DBE Exchange
In 2018, the state of Indiana and the Commonwealth of Kentucky entered into a DBE exchange agreement.
- June 2018 DBE Exchange Presentation
- DBE Reciprocity Agreement
- Kentucky Transportation Cabinet DBE Directory
DBE Exchange Brochure
Indiana DBE Directory
Find certified DBEs through the use of the Directory. DBEs may be searched and sorted by company name, NAICS code, DBE category/specialty, INDOT district, and/or DBE code.
DBE Program Manual
Please see the link below for our DBE manual, which has been reviewed and approved by FHWA. This explains in detail how our program operates in the current three-year cycle.
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program Outline and Manual
- Workforce Development Programs (June 2019)
- DOCR Supplemental Guidance During COVID-19 Public Heath Emergency
- Introduction to INDOT's EOD Division (May 2020)
- DBE Hauling Presentation (February 2018)
- Contractor Compliance Outreach
- For short trainings regarding finding INDOT RFPs and potential contracting opportunities, see our Supportive Services page
For general questions, please email our division in-box and someone will respond to you within one business day.
INDOT DBE Certification DBECertification@indot.IN.gov
Elizabeth Kiefner Crawford
Director, Economic Opportunity Division
Contract Compliance Manager
DBE Certification Manager
Equal Employment Opportunity Manager