Utility Coordination

The following information is related to utility coordination for highway improvement projects. This information is designed to support the coordination process required to follow the rules established under Utility Facility Relocations on Construction Contracts (105 IAC 13). This information may be most useful to employees of utilities, consultants, contractors and INDOT.


Best Practices

Buy America Certification

INDOT will require documentation on all reimbursable utility agreements that have been executed after Jan. 1, 2014 to meet the Buy America Statute. Required documentation is the material certifications sent by the utility to INDOT, along with utility invoices. This documentation, along with spot checks in the field by INDOT personnel, enable INDOT to anticipate that we will meet the Buy America requirements set forth by the Federal Highway Administration.

Authorized Utility Representatives

Title 105, Article 13, Rule 3, Section 1(a) of the Indiana Administrative Code requires Utility Companies to submit authorized representative information to INDOT for use during coordination for highway improvement projects. Use the form below to submit new representative information or to change your existing representative information.

For a utility company that is privately or cooperatively owned, please provide an official name under which your company does business. If your company is already registered with the Indiana Secretary of State please include the Business ID. You can find the business ID on the Secretary of State website. For utility companies that are owned by a municipality, please enter your utility company name in a format similar to one of these two entries, substituting the name of your municipality appropriately "Indianapolis, City of" or "Speedway, Town of". If your utility owns two different types of facilities (example – gas and electric) you will need to enter data and submit for each type of facility.

To Submit or Change a Utility Company's Authorized Representative Information please email John Reller at jreller@indot.IN.gov with the information provided in the email. 

Utility Authorized Representative Contact List

The Utility Authorized Representative Contact Information List requires a username and password to access.

Please fill out the form below to receive the logon information.

WARNING: The utility contact information is not intended for use by the general public. Do not use this information to contact utilities about customer service problems or for billing questions or payments. The public should contact utilities using information provided on their customer service bill or published customer service numbers.

Do not use the utility contact information as a substitute for underground utility locator services. By Indiana law, you must contact each utility at least two full working days before you start to dig. If you plan to dig, contact each utility directly by using information in the phone book or contact Indiana811 at 1-800-382-5544 or at Indiana811.org. Indiana811 is the Indiana Underground Plant Protection Service.

Training Information

Related Links

Contact Information

Michael B. Jett
Utilities and Railroad Director
Indiana Department of Transportation
100 N. Senate Ave. IGCN 642
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Office: (317)-232-5081
Email: mjett@indot.in.gov