- Boarding Schools Healing Project
- Children with Special Needs
- State Department of Health
- Family and Social Services Administration
- Indiana Health Plan for American Indian and Alaska Natives
- Tribal Health Care Exemption Form
The Indian Health Service is required by law to provide absolute preference in employment to American Indians and Alaska Natives who are enrolled in a federally recognized tribe as defined by the Secretary of the Interior. Indian preference requirements apply to all actions involved in filling a vacant position (e.g. initial hiring, reassignment, transfer, competitive promotion, reappointment or reinstatement), no matter how the vacancy arises. Any individual who claims Indian preference: 1) must submit a properly completed and signed BIA-4432; 2) must meet all qualification requirements as defined by the Office of Personnel Management and the Indian Health Service Excepted Service Qualification Standards (Preston Standards); and, 3) must be deemed suitable for employment.