ILEA Social Media Commenting Policy
Welcome to an official social media account sponsored by the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy.
Indiana Law Enforcement Academy-sponsored social media profiles and pages are a family-friendly outlet to promote our agency’s activities, events, and programs. What they are not:
- A method for reporting suspected criminal activity. Reporting a crime via social media can create liability for the author or a post and could put your personal safety at risk.
- A method for submitting comments on pending law or regulation changes.
We encourage you to ask questions and share comments on any other ILEA topic. Our social media team monitors ILEA-sponsored social media profiles and pages but is not responsible for content generated by users. We accept the majority of comments but are not obligated to respond to comments.
We will remove comments that include the following:
- Obscene, profane, rude or vulgar language or images
- Personal attacks or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups
- Threats or defamatory statements
- Violent, hateful or racist language
- Advocacy for any illegal activity
- Off-topic posts, repetitive posts, spam
- Outdated, inaccurate or misleading information
- Promotion or opposition to political organizations, campaigns, candidates, or pending legislative action
- Personal information, including but not limited to addresses and telephone numbers
- Web links to any site other than the ILEA website
- Advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- Infringement on copyrights or trademarks
We do not discriminate against any views but reserve the right to remove posts that violate the above policies or that are deemed inappropriate. The ILEA social media team reserves the right to close comments at any time on any or all of its social media sites. Repeated violations of our comment policy may cause the author to be blocked from ILEA social media accounts.
Please contact ILEAsocialmedia@ilea.in.gov with questions.
Updated April 2016