The Indiana Emergency Rental Assistance (IERA) program is designed to decrease evictions, increase housing stability, and prevent homelessness by helping renter households whose income has been negatively impacted by COVID-19 with rent and utility assistance.
IERA can provide eligible renters with up to 12 months of rental assistance. Qualifying applicants may also receive utility and/or home energy assistance. This includes help with paying past due utilities (electric, gas, water, sewer, and trash) and home energy (fuel oil, wood, coal, pellets, and propane) expenses along with internet assistance for past due expenses.
- For renters: English I Spanish
- For landlords: English I Spanish
- For utility providers: English I Spanish
- For internet providers: English I Spanish
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): English I Spanish
- Assistance Examples: English I Spanish
- Program Manual (updated March 3, 2021)
To apply, renters should visit: www.indianahousingnow.org. Individuals unable to complete the application online should call 2-1-1 to get assistance with applying over the phone.