It is the mission of IHCDA to promote responsible homeownership opportunities throughout Indiana. Our homeownership programs are uniquely designed to assist eligible borrowers through a below-market interest rate, down payment assistance and tax-credit benefits. This is accomplished with the help of our participating lenders.
Mortgage Origination and Sale Agreement (MOSA)
In order to become an IHCDA participating lender, you must sign the Mortgage Origination and Sale Agreement (MOSA). Within the agreement you will find corporate, application, closing and the broker appendix contact sheets.
All lenders must submit the new MOSA’s, Contact Sheets and Registration Fee to IHCDA by December 31st, 2020 in order to participate in the new IHCDA Homeownership Application processes and guidelines. Lenders must follow all old processes and guidelines until the 2021 MOSA is received and approved.
2021 MOSA Forms
Please complete all applicable areas of the agreement and forms. Please email a completed copy of this agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fee to participate is $2,000.00. Please send the applicable fee, via check or money order, made payable to IHCDA along with the MOSA invoice to the following address:
Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority
Attention: Homeownership Department
30 S. Meridian Street, Suite 900
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Reporting on IRS 8329
IHCDA has changed the process for reporting on the IRS 8329. Lenders may now download the form here.
- Lenders should complete Part I with their own information.
- IHCDA has completed Part II as the issuing authority. Lenders will also need to download the Series information attachment here.
- For Parts III and IV write "SEE ATTACHED".
- Lenders can access the required report for Parts III and IV from DMS Online, selecting Reports, and then selecting "IRS MCC Report by lender". Ensure the date range is correct and check the "Generate Annual IRS Report" box.
- The total amount of MCCs issued (Part IV, line 6) is the total issued for all Series combined.
- Lenders will sign and date the form.
- Please remember to keep a copy of the forms and printouts for your records.
- Send to the IRS no later than January 31.