As of August 2014, the Indiana Gaming Commission (IGC) made a policy change that would allow treatment providers to enroll individuals into the Voluntary Exclusion Program (VEP). The following guidelines must be met by treatment providers prior to conducting a VEP enrollment interview:
- The treatment provider must be recognized by the Indiana Department of Mental Health and Addiction as a problem gambling treatment provider.
- Attend an online training webinar on the VEP conducted by the IGC.
- Complete an Affirmation of VEP Designee.
- Provider must follow all Indiana laws and regulations concerning the VEP.
- Provider must have access to the equipment necessary to complete the enrollment process.
- Provider must maintain confidentiality of the VEP.
If you are a problem gambling treatment provider that is recognized by the Indiana Department of Mental Health and Addiction and would like to find out more information about becoming an enrollment designee, please contact the IGC at 317-234-3600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.