Informal Advisory Opinions
Informal Advisory Opinions (IAO):
- Are issued by the staff of the Office of Inspector General
- Are confidential unless confidentiality is waived by the state employee
- May be obtained by making a request to the Office of Inspector General using the form below
Formal Advisory Opinions
Formal Advisory Opinions (AO):
- Are issued by the Indiana Ethics Commission
- Are public
- Are the ultimate ethics advice
- Requests must be received by the Commission no later than ten (10) days prior to the date of the next monthly Commission meeting
- Requests must be based on a real set of circumstances, be in writing and signed by the person making the request.
- Requests may be:
- Mailed to the Commission's office located at 315 West Ohio Street, Room 104, Indianapolis, IN 46202; or
- A scanned copy of the signed, written request may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All fields are required.