- The Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act of 2014 (WIFIA) established the WIFIA program, a federal credit program administered by EPA for eligible water and wastewater infrastructure projects.
- Eligible borrowers are:
- •Local, state, tribal, and federal government entities
- •Partnerships and joint ventures
- •Corporations and trusts
- •Clean Water and Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (SRF) programs.
- The list of WIFIA-eligible activities include: wastewater conveyance and treatment projects that are eligible for the Clean Water SRF and drinking water treatment and distribution projects that are eligible for the Drinking Water SRF.
- Therefore, since
- eligible borrowers include Clean Water and Drinking Water SRF programs, and
- eligible projects include Clean Water and Drinking Water SRF projects,
- the Indiana Finance Authority has taken steps toward applying to the WIFIA program.
- The first step in the application process is preparing a Letter of Interest. The IFA Letter of Interest was submitted on April 7, 2017 to the WIFIA program.
- Availability of an Environmental Assessment and Finding of no Significant Impact
- IFA’s WIFIA Letter of Interest
- EPA WIFIA website https://www.epa.gov/wifia
IFA Director of Environmental Programs
(317) 232-2972 firstname.lastname@example.org
SRF Program Director
(317) 234-4862 email@example.com