Making Polls Accessible
Free Polling Place Accessibility Reviews
Indiana Disability Rights (IDR) offers free accessibility reviews of early and election day polling sites. Reviews include:
- Initial virtual meeting;
- Site visits up to five polling places;
- Detailed accessibility report for each site; and
- Access to additional resources.
In 2023, IDR is available to visit the first 10 counties who make a request. Contact Kristin Dulaney to request by e-mailing KDulaney@IndianaDisabilityRights.org or call/texting (317) 419-7595. Requests must be received by March 10 for review by the Primary Election and by September 8 for review by the General Election.
Resources for County Clerks
As you get ready for Election Day, Indiana Disability Rights is available to assist in ensuring your early and election day polling sites are accessible; please find resources below for your use.
- Download the "Election Accessibility" presentation from the 2023 North County Clerks Spring Conference.
- Download the "Making Your Polls Accessible" presentation from the 2022 Annual County Clerks Conference.
- View the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) polling place checklist.
- Reach out to IDR with questions or for assistance by calling (800) 622-4845 or e-mailing Info@IndianaDisabilityRights.org.