Indiana Disability Rights is hiring a Justice Advocate/Investigator
About the Indiana Disability Rights
Indiana Disability Rights is the service arm of the Indiana Protection and Advocacy Services (IPAS) Commission. Our mission is to protect and promote the rights of individuals with disabilities through empowerment and advocacy.
Salary for this position may be commensurate with education and job experience.
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Four (4) medical plan options (including RX coverage) and vision/dental coverages
- Wellness program (offers eligibility into a discounted medical plan)
- Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state contribution)
- Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- Competitive leave policies covering a variety of employee needs
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- New Parent Leave
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indiana Disability Rights is hiring two Social Security Rep Payee Reviewers
Click here to read the full job description
About Us: The mission of Indiana Disability Rights (IDR) is to protect and promote the rights of individuals with disabilities through empowerment and advocacy. The IDR team is composed of empowered advocates, attorneys, and support staff that work collaboratively to achieve this mission. The work is challenging but always rewarding.
Purpose of the Position: This position will conduct reviews around the State of Indiana, on-site in the field as assigned and directed. The individual will also conduct monitoring visits and assists with advocacy, investigations and projects as assigned.
- Conducts all aspects of field reviews of pre-determined Social Security Representative Payee assignments including but not limited to site visits and observations, multiple interviews (including beneficiaries), and extensive reviews of hard copy and/or electronic files.
- Responsible for all aspects of scheduling interviews for the purpose of conducting site visits. Statutory deadlines must be met as directed.
- Prior experience working with and/or interviewing people with various disabilities is preferred.
- Interviewing, writing, and computer skills are a must for this position.
- Prior investigatory, financial, or auditing experience is preferred.
- Must be able to pass Social Security Administration credentialing and Federal background check(s).
- Must be able to travel using personal vehicle approximately 50 to 65% of a Monday through Friday work week.
How to Apply: IDR is currently hiring for two individuals to join our team and to serve as Social Security Rep Payee Reviewers for a new Federally-funded program. If you would like to be part of this amazing team, submit your cover letter and resume to ExecutiveDirector@IndianaDisabilityRights.org or mail to ATTN: Executive Director, Indiana Disability Rights, 4701 N. Keystone Suite 222, Indianapolis, IN 46205.