Info Agency Main Banner Content
Navigator Precertification Education (PE) Program Criteria and Resources
- Navigator Precertification Education Program Requirements
- Examination Content Outline
- NOTICE OF DISCONTINUANCE OF NAVIGATOR PRECERTIFICATION EDUCATION TRAINING RESOURCES (1/19/18)
- IMPORTANT NOTICE (2/22/18) - RENEWAL OF HEALTHY INDIANA PLAN (HIP)
- Functions of the federal Health Insurance Marketplace operating in Indiana and Indiana Health Coverage Programs;
- The duties and responsibilities of an Indiana Navigator;
- The insurance laws of Indiana that apply to the functions of an Indiana Navigator with respect to the Marketplace and Indiana Health Coverage Programs; and
- The obligations of an Indiana Navigator related to confidentiality and security of information and conflicts of interest.
The Indiana Navigator Examination Content Outline identifies topics that must be taught by Navigator PE programs and that are tested on the Navigator Examination. The number of questions devoted to each topic on the examination are noted in the outline. Navigator PE programs should use the outline as the basis for what topics to cover in their courses.
An organization must not provide Navigator PE unless approved as a Navigator PE program. 760 IAC 4-8 specifies the qualifications and requirements for Navigator PE programs, as well as directors and instructors of Navigator PE programs. The Navigator PE program, director and instructor application and renewal application information are available online at www.in.gov/idoi/2936.htm.
The Indiana Navigator Examination Content Outline identifies and classifies entry level knowledge that Indiana Navigators need to properly serve Hoosier health insurance consumers. The outline specifies topics that are tested on the Navigator Examination and the number of questions devoted to each topic on the examination. All topics listed on the outline must be taught in Navigator Precertification Education (PE) courses, and the outline should be used as a basis for development of courses.
The outline will be updated periodically and may not be consistent with outdated study materials. Where such discrepancies exist, the outline takes precedence. Additional information on the Navigator Examination policies and procedures is availble online at www.in.gov/idoi/2836.htm.
NOTICE OF DISCONTINUANCE OF NAVIGATOR PRECERTIFICATION EDUCATION TRAINING RESOURCES. Effective January 19, 2018, the Indiana Department of Insurance (IDOI) is discontinuing its Navigator precertification education (PE) training resources available to Navigator PE providers offering Navigator PE courses in order to align with IDOI goals and priorities for Navigator precertification education. The training resources being discontinued include the Indiana Navigator Training Resource Manual, Version 3.0 (last updated January 2017) and four (4) Indiana Navigator Training Resource Modules (last updated January 2017).
IDOI Navigator PE training resources may no longer be submitted with new or renewal Navigator PE provider applications. Applicants must submit new and updated course materials that adhere to IC 27-19-4-11, 760 IAC 4-8 and the Indiana Navigator Subject Matter Content Outline. Past training resources published by IDOI may be used for developing new and updated course materials.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - RENEWAL OF HEALTHY INDIANA PLAN (HIP). On February 2, 2018, Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb joined HHS Secretary Alex Azar to announce CMS approval of the continuation and enhancement of the Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP) through 2020. See the announcement, HIP renewal summary, FAQs and other useful materials regarding the HIP renewal online at www.in.gov/fssa/hip/2583.htm. In addition, IDOI has released the following two HIP training slides in the “Education Providers” section of the IDOI website at www.in.gov/idoi/2823.htm. These HIP training slides may be used by education providers as resources for developing new HIP continuing education (CE) courses for Navigators, as well as for supplemental materials for updating existing Navigator CE and precertification education (PE) courses. posted 2/22/18
- Rate Watch
- File a Patient's Compensation Fund Certificate of Insurance
- File a consumer complaint
- File a provider complaint
- Compare Medigap insurance policies
- Apply to be a bail agent
- Title Insurance Rate Comparison Tool
- Residential Real Estate Acquisition of Licensee Information and Numbers "RREAL IN" Database
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center