Reporting Requirements for Indiana Navigators
Indiana Navigator Reporting Requirements
Indiana Navigators must follow all Indiana Navigator reporting requirements with the Indiana Department of Insurance (IDOI). Failure to comply with the reporting requirements may result in an enforcement action by the Commissioner of Insurance under IC 27-19-4-3 and 760 IAC 4-7. Reporting requirements with IDOI include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A change in legal name or address must be reported no later than thirty (30) days after the change occurs. A change in personal or business information (such as name, address, telephone, or email) may be submitted to IDOI through the Navigator/AO Service Request Form.
- Any of the following actions taken against the Indiana Navigator must be reported no later than thirty (30) days after the final disposition of the matter:
- An administrative action against any professional license, certification, or registration the Indiana Navigator holds within any jurisdiction.
- A federal or state criminal action within any jurisdiction.
- An administrative action or court order requiring payment of state income tax.
- An administrative or legal action related to unfair trade practice or fraud in the business of insurance.
- Any legal action related to the failure to pay a child support obligation within any jurisdiction.
- Any changed or new Conflict of Interest, as defined by the Conflict of Interest Policy, must be reported no later than thirty (30) days after the change or new Conflict of Interest occurs. A changed or new Conflict of Interest may be reported to IDOI through the Navigator Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form.
- If there is a security breach or improper disclosure of a consumer's Personal Information, as defined by the Navigator Privacy and Security Agreement, the Indiana Navigator must notify each of the following in accordance with the Agreement:
- The affected consumer, as soon as reasonably practical but no later than ten (10) days following the discovery of the security breach or improper disclosure; and
- IDOI, as soon as reasonably practical but no later than five (5) days following discovery of the security breach or improper disclosure.
All documents may be submitted to IDOI by either: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax: 317-234-5882 ("attn: Navigator Director"); or Mail: Indiana Department of Insurance, c/o Navigator Director, 311 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2787.