Request for Extension to Complete Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
An insurance producer license remains in effect unless revoked or suspended, as long as the license renewal application and fee are submitted and the continuing education (CE) requirements are met by the license expiration date. Late renewals are not permitted.
However, individuals unable to comply with license renewal procedures, including completion of CE, due to military service or some other extenuating circumstance such as long-term disability, may be eligible for a waiver of those procedures. You must contact the Department before the license expiration date for instructions as applicable to each individual situation.
The Department may also grant an extension to complete CE for an individual who complies with the extension for CE request requirement set forth in Indiana Code IC 27-1-15.7-3. Extensions are granted on a case-by-case basis and may not exceed ninety (90) days. The typical extension is thirty (30) days.
To request a CE extension, a licensee must:
- file a request with the Department on the form provided above; and
- submit with the request a fee of twenty-five dollars ($25) by check or money order made payable to Indiana Department of Insurance or IDOI
- *NOTE: The request must be submitted at least thirty (30) days prior to the license expiration date. In addition, the license renewal application and fee must be submitted by the license expiration date, which may be done online through either www.sircon.com/Indiana or www.nipr.com.*
After a licensee files a request for an extension, the license remains in effect until a decision is made on the request. Decisions will be forwarded to the licensee's e-mail address. If the licensee's request for an extension is denied, the CE requirements must be completed by the license expiration date or within the licensee's reinstatement period, if applicable. Failure to meet the terms of the extension may result in license suspension.
Renewal applications and fees received within thirty (30) days after the license expiration date may be accepted without penalty at the discretion of the Department.
- Rate Watch
- File a Patient's Compensation Fund Certificate of Insurance
- File a consumer complaint
- File a provider complaint
- Compare Medigap insurance policies
- Apply to be a bail agent
- Title Insurance Rate Comparison Tool
- Residential Real Estate Acquisition of Licensee Information and Numbers "RREAL IN" Database
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center