Individual License Renewal Guidelines/Requirements
- License Renewal Notice/Application
- License Duration/Renewal Date
- Renewal Fees
- Limited Lines Licenses
- Exception: Title Producers
License Renewal Notice/Application
IDOI emails producer renewal invoices to the producer's email address on file approximately 90 days before the license is due to expire. Please note there is a $100.00 penalty for failure to report a change of name or address within 30 days of the change. If for some reason you do not receive a renewal invoice, it is still your responsibility to renew your license. The continuing education hours required for renewal and the hours reported to the Department at the time the invoice was issued are posted in the notices.
You may go online to renew at either www.Sircon.com/indiana or www.NIPR.com. Although not preferred, you may renew the license by submitting the uniform NAIC paper renewal application along with a check or money order made payable to Indiana Department of Insurance. The application and fee may be mailed to:
Indiana Department of Insurance
311 West Washington Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2787
You will need to print your renewal license at www.Sircon.com/indiana for an electronic processing fee of $5.15.
Review Your CE Transcript
License Duration/Renewal Date
An insurance producer license issued or renewed after July 1, 2011, is for a two-year period. As of May 1, 2012, the renewal/expiration date is the last day of the producer's birth month. Effective January 1, 2012, a license issued or renewed for lines of authority previously due 20 hours of continuing education (CE) are now due 24 hours.
Public Adjusters licenses are subject to annual renewal with expiration dates of December 31st of each year.
- Resident Producer Renewal Fee $40.00
- Resident Reinstatement Fee $120.00 plus Renewal Fee $40.00
- Resident Consultant Renewal Fee $40.00
- Public Adjuster Fee $50.00
- Retaliatory Fees for CA, CT, IL, NJ, & MA are located at the following link.
Limited Lines Licenses
Producers obtaining or renewing a two-year Limited Lines license (Credit, Travel, Funeral Director, Crop Hail Insurance) are not required to complete continuing education (CE) prior to submitting initial or renewal applications, with an exception of Title producers (see next section).
Exception: Title Producers
Title producers with a two year license must complete 7 hours in continuing education (CE) courses related to the business of Title insurance with at least four hours of instruction in a structured setting or comparable self-study concerning:
- Ethical practices in the marketing and selling of title insurance
- Title insurance underwriting
- Escrow issue
- Principles of the federal Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
An attorney holding a Title License may complete all or any of the required hours in continuing legal education (CLE) courses related to the business of title insurance or any aspect of real property law. This will need to be submitted to the state upon renewal. Email a copy of the CLE completion to firstname.lastname@example.org after you submit the renewal in order for the CLE to be applied.
- Rate Watch
- File a Patient's Compensation Fund Certificate of Insurance
- File a consumer complaint
- File a provider complaint
- Compare Medigap insurance policies
- Apply to be a bail agent
- Title Insurance Rate Comparison Tool
- Residential Real Estate Acquisition of Licensee Information and Numbers "RREAL IN" Database
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center