Info Agency Main Banner Content
Surplus Lines Semi-Annual Premium Tax
Beginning with the August 1, 2017 semi-annual filing all surplus lines producers are required to utilize the NAIC OPTins (http://www.optins.org/) filing system (please refer to Bulletin 239). All required forms are located within the NAIC OPTins filing system.
Indiana’s surplus lines premium tax rate is 2.5% of gross premiums. Surplus lines premium tax is payable semi-annually on or before February 1st and August 1st.
If the surplus lines tax payment is not received by the appropriate deadline, a 10% penalty will be assessed on any amounts received after the first of the month.
Semi-annual tax reports are required even if no business has been written for the past six months.
Should you have any questions, please contact Amber Hurley at email@example.com or (317) 233-9998.
- Rate Watch
- File a Patient's Compensation Fund Certificate of Insurance
- File a consumer complaint
- File a provider complaint
- Compare Medigap insurance policies
- Apply to be a bail agent
- Title Insurance Rate Comparison Tool
- Residential Real Estate Acquisition of Licensee Information and Numbers "RREAL IN" Database
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center