*Notice: Due to the unforeseen circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, please click on the link below to view the most up to date information regarding Parole Hearings:
NOTICE OF PAROLE BOARD SEPTEMBER PUBLIC HEARINGS
To ensure the health and safety of the Indiana Parole Board members and staff, the Parole Board will not hold public hearings on Tuesday, September 1st , 2020 and will no longer allow the public to attend facility hearings taking place via video conference in the Parole Board office until further notice. Letters of support and/or opposition can be submitted to our office at 402 W. Washington Street, Room W466, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204 or via fax to 317-232-5738.
*NOTICE GIVEN ON August 19th, 2020 at 12:06 P.M.
Parole Board Hearings
A Parole Board Hearing is a proceeding where the parole board allows the offender, victims, witnesses and other concerned parties to express their support for or opposition to the offender being paroled. There are two different parole Board Hearings involved in the parole process.
The public hearing is informal and welcomes any concerned party, including victims, witnesses and family members, to express support or opposition to the offender being paroled. You have the right to give a statement to the board, whether it is oral, written, videotaped or audio taped. You would not have to be present to enter a statement.
Anyone needing any special needs, such as an interpreter or equipment, should contact the Victim/Witness Service Programs office at (317) 232-5749 at least 1 week (5 business days) prior to the scheduled hearing or they will be expected to provide their own. Keep in mind that you will be in a government facility and it is in your best interest to dress appropriately. There is a security checkpoint and you will need to check in with the staff to give your name and relationship (e.g. victim, family, neighbor, etc.). At this time you may speak to the board.
The facility hearing is the offender’s time to speak to the board and it is held at the location of the offender. The victim may attend this proceeding, but will not have the opportunity to speak about or oppose anything said in the hearing. It is a privilege for anyone to visit the facility and there will be expected guidelines. Everyone attending a Parole Board hearing must dress appropriately. Those planning to speak before the Board should dress in a manner respectful of a criminal justice tribunal. Anyone planning to attend as interested observers shall be fully dressed, and must avoid any sort of revealing clothing. Each facility will have prohibitions against indiscreet or otherwise unsafe attire. Expect to enter through a checkpoint entrance. You could be asked to leave at any time, should the authorities find a reason. With that in mind, you can call the Victim/Witness Service Program office for more details on attending this hearing.
After both hearings are held, the board will make a decision whether or not to grant parole to the offender. You are more than welcome to call.
Printable Applications and Instructions for Pardons
- Pardon Packet (Eligibility, Instructions, and Printable Application)
Indiana has adopted recent legislation regarding the expungement of criminal records. If you qualify, this process is often quicker than the pardon process and provides many of the same benefits of a pardon. For more information regarding expungement, please contact an Indiana criminal defense attorney or the clerk in the county where your conviction occurred.
Current Parole Board Hearings
The content of the following was prepared by the Parole Board based on information supplied by the Department of Correction and is believed to be complete and accurate at the time of preparation. The Parole Board is not responsible for any errors contained in the information supplied to the Parole Board by the Department of Correction. More information here as well as helpful abbreviations and codes here.
- December 2020 Parole Review
- December 2020 Public Notice Hearing Schedule
- November 2020 Public Notice Hearing Schedule
- November 2020 Parole Review
- October 2020 Public Notice Hearing Schedule
- October 2020 Parole Review
- September 23, 2020 Special Hearing Notice
- September 16, 2020 Special Hearing Notice
- September 2020 Public Notice Hearing Schedule
- September 2, 2020 Special Hearing Notice
- September 2020 Parole Review
- August 5, 2020 Special Hearing Notice
- August 2020 Public Notice Hearing Schedule
- August 2020 Parole Review
- July 2020 Parole Review
- July 2020 Public Notice Hearing Schedule
- June 2020 Parole Review
- June 2020 Public Notice Hearing Schedule
- June 2020 Public Hearing Notice
- May 2020 Public Notice Hearing Schedule
- May 2020 Parole review
- Indiana Parole Board April 2020 Hearing Update
- April 2020 Parole review
- April 2020 Public Hearing Notice Schedule
- March 2020 Public Hearing Notice Schedule
- February 2020 Public Hearing Notice Schedule
- January 22, 2020 Special Hearing Notice
- January 2020 Clemency Agenda
- January 2020 Parole Reviews
- January 2020 Public Hearing Notice Schedule