*The Result of COVID-19 all Volunteer Activities are Suspended until Further Notice.*
The Purposeful Living Units Serve (PLUS) program is a faith and character-based community that encourages offenders to choose alternatives to criminal thinking and behavior by providing a focus on spiritual and character development, life-skills training community service, and intentional preparation for living as law-abiding citizens. Volunteers are needed to facilitate classes.
- Westville releases approximately 50 individuals back into the community every week. We are always in need of clothing donations for adult males in all sizes. We are especially in need of:
- Tennis shoes, especially common sizes (9-12). No boots of any kind are accepted.
- Coats, especially XL-XXL
- Underwear, all sizes
- Pants, mostly sizes 36" and up
- Shirts, larger sizes XL-XXXL
- The PLUS Unit is looking for donations of yarn for current projects that involve crocheting/knitting scarves, hates, and blankets. The items will be donated to first responders for injured victims.
Community Engagement Coordinator
Please contact the Community Engagement Coordinator if you are interested in volunteering or making a donation. For general volunteer information, please visit the IDOC Volunteer page.