The Correctional Officer is an exciting opportunity to launch your Criminal Justice career. In the role of a correctional officer, you will build your experience by ensuring maintenance of order, control, and supervision of offenders in a state correctional institution.
Perform tasks such as the following:
- Patrol assigned areas
- Supervise and escort offenders in various work details,
- Keep records and prepare reports on offender movement, progress, problems, and/or violations of rules.
- Some assignments may include but are not limited to tower duty, visitor processing, package searches for contraband, vehicle searches, and lock control.
Incumbent must be able to do the following:
- Defend oneself physically;
- Act quickly and effectively in an emergency situation,
- Be willing to participate and successfully complete all required training programs.