- Five (5) years full-time professional experience in correctional counseling, criminology, parole/probation work, law enforcement, social work, or a related area.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license from state of residence comparable to an Indiana Operator’s license required.
- Substitutions: Five years of full-time experience in protective services may substitute for the required experience only.
- Accredited college training may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
- Special Requirements: Must successfully complete the Correctional Training Academy and all required training prior to granting permanent status.
- Must qualify and maintain firearm certification, as well as carry a firearm in the performance of duties.