Possession of a high school diploma or possession of a General Education Development (GED) certificate. Work experience, military experience and/or completed accredited college credits preferred.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Willingness to undergo a background investigation.
- Possession of a valid driver's license from state of residence comparable to an Indiana license required. (Proof of license must accompany application.)
A Day in the Life
- Maintains order and security of offenders in facility;
- Assists supervisor in appropriate administration of security related operations (key control, count, shakedowns, searches, inventory, equipment maintenance, radios, security systems, etc.);
- Supervises offenders in various work details including both within the facility and outside the facility;
- Escorts offenders both inside the facility and on various trips away from the facility;
- Assists in identifying offender treatment needs and supports treatment programs;
- Maintains records and writes reports on offender movement, offender progress, and violations of policies and procedures;
- Remains alert for signs of disorder or tension;
- Counsels offenders in an informal and unofficial capacity;
- Follows and insures compliance with established security procedures.