Offender Workforce Development Specialist (OWDS)
- Evidence based training developed through a collaboration between the National Institute of Corrections and the National Career Development Association
- The team-focused training allows for networking from various areas of pre and post release service providers.
- 420+ statewide OWDS’s as of July 2019
- The training program consists of three blocks, each 4 1/2 days in length, totaling 112 hours of classroom instruction. In addition, 68 hours of practicum and homework assignments must also be completed.
- The program objectives are to:
- Provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to deliver effective workforce development services
- Promote collaborations that will result in increased positive employment outcomes
- Prepare trainees to facilitate the basic skills modules of the OWDS curriculum