- Religious Programs - Volunteers assist with the following faith groups: Catholic, Christian, Native American, Buddhist, Orthodox Christian, Moorish Science Temple of America, Hebrew Israelite, Messianic, Jewish, Wicca, Islamic, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Asatru.
- Re-Entry Programs - Volunteers facilitate programming on various re-entry topics such as employment, family issues, education, community support, domestic violence, or other topics to assist individuals with a successful re-entry back into the community.
- Substance Abuse - Volunteers are needed for the 12 Step program and Narcotics Anonymous.
- Other Topics - Assisting with the gardening program, providing educational assistance for math or art classes, and building trades and vocational skills.
- Insight Garden Program - This program facilitates an innovative curriculum combined with vocational gardening and landscaping training so that people in prison can reconnect to self, community, and the natural world. This “inner” and “outer” gardening approach transforms lives, ends ongoing cycles of incarceration, and creates safer communities. For more information about the Insight Garden Program please visit their website. Feel free to view and distribute the IGP brochure.
Community Involvement Coordinator
Please contact the Community Involvement Coordinator if you are interested in volunteering or making a donation. For general volunteer information, please visit the IDOC Volunteer page.