Volunteers provide a number services from faith services to general re-entry programming. We are also looking for volunteers to facilitate programming in our Purposeful Living Units Served (PLUS) and Reformative Residential Re-Entry Program (RRRP).
- The Purposeful Living Units Serve (PLUS) program is a faith and character-based community that encourages offenders to choose alternatives to criminal thinking and behavior by providing a focus on spiritual and character development, life-skills training community service, and intentional preparation for living as law-abiding citizens.
- The Reformative Residential Re-Entry Program (RRRP) - A six month program designed to instill a set of positive core values by utilizing a core curriculum and community service hours. Volunteers are needed as mentors to teach core value classes and provide community service opportunities.
New Castle Correctional Facility is in need of the following items:
- Stuffing (for sewing projects)
- Books, specifically in Spanish
- Playing cards
- General Books (English, Spanish, Braille)
- Greeting cards (all holidays, occasions, and faiths)
- Quilt batting
- Sewing machines
- Craft supplies
- Clothing and shoes
Community Involvement Coordinator
Please contact the Community Involvement Coordinator if you are interesting in volunteering or making a donation. For general volunteer information, please visit the IDOC Volunteer page.