- Recreation Department: We are looking for volunteers to participate in or create recreaction programs. This can include anything related to the performing arts, choir, quilting, knitting, painting, etc.
- Transitional Programming: Volunteers are needed to assist in re-entry programming such as budgeting, personal finance, life skills, etc.
- Family Preservation Center: We welcome volunteers to assist in any of family programming, parenting, and assisting with events.
- Faith-based volunteers are always needed to offer spiritual encouragement and teaching with worship for individuals to express their beliefs.
- Trades: We would like volunteers to facilitate any trade-related activity such as refurbishing, reupholstering, building trades, landscaping, etc.
- Green House: A volunteer or group of volunteers are needed to assist with our Greenhouse. A master gardener or anyone with experience in operating a greenhouse would be much appreciated!
- Yarn for wigs/afghans
- Thread for sewing
- Fabric for quilting
- Batting for quilting
- Ribbon for wreaths
- Mesh for wreaths
- Basting spray
- Clothing: Seasonally appropriate, shoes, etc.
- Arts and crafts supplies: pens and pencils, construction paper, glue sticks
Faith-based and Motivational Materials
- Devotionals and spiritual material
- Self-help character material
- Strong movies that arae faith or character-based that are not rated PG
Community Engagement Coordinator
Please contact the Community Engagement Coordinator if you are interested in volunteering or making a donation. For general volunteer information, please visit the IDOC Volunteer page.