Please review the below visiting guidelines before scheduling your visit to Indiana State Prison.
All times are Central Standard Time.
- ATTORNEY VISITS: 8:00am – 4:00pm, daily. Weekend reservations must be submitted the Thursday prior.
- GENERAL POPULATION*: 11:00am – 5:15pm, Monday-Friday ; Weekend/Holiday 7:00 am - 3:00pm
- ADMINISTRATIVE RESTRICTED HOUSING*: 7:00am – 10:30am, Monday-Friday. Weekend/Holiday, 3:30pm to 5:15pm
- ADMINISTRATIVE NON-CONTACT*: 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday-Friday ONLY, excluding holidays
- DISCIPLINARY RESTRICTED HOUSING: 8:00am-1:00pm, Monday-Friday ONLY, excluding holidays.
- X-ROW and PROTECTIVE CUSTODY: 7:00am – 3:30pm, daily.
* Visitors must be signed in a minimum of 1 hour and 15 minutes PRIOR to the visitation hours ending. Please remember, for the latest visit updates contact the facility prior to visit. Call 219-874-7256, press #.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
A security device has been implemented at the Indiana State Prison called a Cell Sense. Cell Sense is the best cell phone and contraband detector, made by Metrasens. This device is very sensitive and therefore special precaution must be taken by all visitors. From this point forward new procedures will be implemented for the use of Cell Sense at Indiana State Prison and Indiana Outside beginning February 12, 2016.
Everyone will pass in front of the Cell Sense detector, turn around and walk past it again. If the Cell Sense detector alarms, make sure that all metal items are removed from pockets and person including hair pins (bobby pins/metal barrettes). Be aware that undergarments containing underwire support have been known to cause alarms.
Visitors unable to clear the Cell Sense machine will not be allowed to enter the facility, however they will be permitted to obtain other garments and try again. If they don’t pass the Cell Sense after the second, entrance will be denied.