Clean Lifestyle is Freedom ForeverIndiana Department of Correction Responds to the Emergent Increases of Methamphetamine with Substance Abuse Treatment Unit
The Indiana Department of Correction has developed and implemented a specialized intensive substance abuse treatment unit and program entitled "Clean Lifestyle is Freedom Forever" (CLIFF).
Inmate admission criterion for the CLIFF Therapeutic Unit includes:
- A significant history of substance abuse with significant impairment caused by methamphetamine use
- A projected release date that falls within 14 and 36 months at time of admission
- No institutional incidents involving weapons or assault for at least one year.
- Must have good disciplinary conduct history
Offenders who participate in the CLIFF Therapeutic Community benefit in several ways:
- They complete their sentences in a conducive rehabilitative environment
- They learn to restructure their thinking and change their behavior
- They develop a comprehensive re-entry plan that includes viable life skills, relapse prevention strategies, and best placement for continuing growth
- They become eligible for up to a six month time-reduction