Close Menu

Main Content

Hazardous Waste Reporting

Facilities that handle hazardous waste have various reporting and notification requirements depending on whether they generate, treat, store, dispose, transfer, and/or transport it.

Hazardous Waste Generation

Facilities that generate hazardous waste in excess of certain quantities must submit a report for the year of the activity. Depending on the amount and the year, the report due will be either the annual manifest report or the biennial report. The information for these reports is obtained from the Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifests that accompany every shipment of hazardous waste.

Hazardous waste transfer facilities only need to file a one-time notification. This will only need to be updated if any information changes. Household hazardous waste collection points are exempt.

Used oil reporting is required by 329 IAC 13-7-8 for used oil processors or re-refiners. They need to submit a report every other year to describe their activities for the previous year. It is due on March 1 of every even-numbered year.

News and FAQs

Top FAQs